I have finished my first Twine style and it’s shared on the sidebar menu. I am working on my next one. I have worked out all of the kinks I can find. I’ve noticed some weird characters showing up in the demo, but this is due to my browser not displaying certain characters properly when exporting Twine code, so it should effect anyone else using the files.
I’m enjoying this project both because I’m quite fond of Twine, and because I like the challenge of trying to dive into and customize existing designs with minimal instruction.
On to the next one!
I updated the Splash page for my website, so now it displays both blogs. If I ever finish a comic, I’ll add comics to it as well.
My unity project now has a character creator and a basic conversation working. I’m rethinking my body font choice. It looks a little too thin in Unity, which is unfortunate, because it looks good in other media. You can move your player back and forth and direct with a mouse. When you enter the character’s space your player will stop moving and the character will turn to you and a conversation panel appears with a set of buttons.
- I still can’t figure out why the hover isn’t working on the buttons. I suspect it has something to do with the ray cast, but I can’t see why. The ray cast that’s directing the player only detects things on one layer.
- I need to model some proper background and see how it looks.
- The outline on the shader is starting to do what I want, but it’s still in need of a great deal of tweaking. I removed the bit from the code that was making it stay the same width regardless of camera distance.
- I really need to start designing the UI. It’s ugly and it bothers me.
So I have created a new theme for my art website. I built it off of http://underscores.me/ which is a great starting theme. I studied a few tutorials to figure out how to make the layout scroll horizontally. The links in the navigation menu point to the id of each div. When a link is clicked, the html,body scrolls to that target minus the width of the margin to centre it. At the same time, the background and foreground divs also animate the same distance with different timing.
The sky is a simple CSS gradient that changes based on the hour. The hour also adjusts brightness and contrast effects on the foreground and background images.
- The pages are hard coded into the index.php file. I’m not happy about this. It works fine for my website, but WordPress themes should be more dynamic than this. I would like to find a way to load pages dynamically and resize the website to account for new pages.
- There’s no support for sub menu links.
- I have disabled the links to entry permalinks. I wasn’t sure how I wanted to display those yet. Right now, they’re just a mess.