I worked on some comic stuff yesterday and now I’m back to Unity. I spent a good chunk of time this evening rearranging hair things so that I could add a new hair with a curly texture. Adding another hair mesh doesn’t take much effort (except for the modelling part). It just needs to be added to the arrays on the customization and playable character models. And a button needs to be added. I didn’t want to have to make a whole new hair texture, since I’m sticking to using one and just tinting it, but I wanted curly hair so I had to adjust some UV’s to fit it into the current image.
I am still focusing on UI work. I have written a few small scripts to change outline colours and button text on hover and selection. This was a bit tricky, because Unity’s current UI is still relatively new, and it took some digging to figure out how to script rollover events for the latest buttons. I’d like to get back to making the actual game tomorrow, so I’ll probably do what I can to finish up the UI tonight/tomorrow morning and then I’ll try to set up the first playable scene with a proper environment and conversation.